Let's Start Planning Your New Bathroom …
- Besides the kitchen, bathrooms are the most
important, frequently used spaces in the home.
Despite their importance, they are still some of
the smallest rooms in the home. Within this
relatively small space there is a lot going on,
it is important to really examine the
functionality of the space in regards to how you
personally use it
- How do you use the
space…(besides the obvious)
- What type of bathroom is it? Is it a Master
Bath, Shared Family Bath or Powder room-this
will make a huge difference as to how you design
- How often is the bathroom used?
- Who uses the bathroom? Do you have kids that
use the bathroom as well or guests that come to
- What type of activities do you use the
bathroom for? i.e. relax, listen to music, get
- Do you plan to grow old in the space? If so,
incorporating Aging-In Place design will be a
- Are you alone in the bathroom-is someone
else in the household getting ready at the same
time? If so, how do you interact in the space?
Do you have enough privacy?
- What about the current layout makes the
space uncomfortable? Think ventilation, space,
layout, fixtures, etc.
- What appliances or fixtures do you use?
- Is there enough counter space?
- Are there enough electrical outlets?
- What are the storage requirements and is
there enough storage in the bathroom? Does the
current vanity hold all of your belongings? Do
you have a linen cabinet in the bathroom?
- Do you take a bath or shower or both? How
else do you use the bath/shower space (shaving,
bathing children or pets, etc)?Are the linens
you need handy?
- What water usage concerns do you have? For
instance, do you often run out of hot water when
filling the tub?
Project Resources, LLC.
© all right reserved 2014